Friday, November 21, 2008

I Over Looked Undereating

Kylynne:

If you are eating less than whatever guideline recommend, that is the culprit. Eating too little can actually, in some cases, have the same effect of eating too much. Your body is not burning because it is in an emergency "famine" mode so to speak. It's more common however to see sudden weightloss due to water and muscle mass depletion temporarily. I'm not undermining your case, however...there are so many factors that could go any which way.
In a general case here's what I would do. Gradually down your exercise and increase what you are eating by 100 calories every couple of days until you hit the recommended caloric recommendation. NEVER cut 1000 or more cals from your diet suddenly, unless recommended by your doc. I would suggest try to eat 250-500 less that what your original caloric intake was. You will feel your best in that range, then try to burn between the same range (300-500) every week. You will see your energy come up and hopefully withing 4-6 weeks some improvement, but realize your body needs some re-coup time and might rebound some water weight. Just don't look at the scales for a week or two, then your bod will get back on track and you'll feel more energetic. If you are still breastfeeding don't cut any calories, your body is doing enough work, just change the quality of your foods...not quantity.
If that doesn't help, see if you have an intolerance to a food, or a hormone imbalance. That could hold things up. I'm not a doctor, but at that point, after everything else, I would see one.

I am very interested in in your case. If you would like you could email me and we could work on it in more detail so I could get a better idea of what is going on. I think you have my email, but let me know if you don't. I know this is frustrating, but you are not hopeless. My heart goes out to you because I do know your pain. You can do this with the right tools. God meant every good thing for your body when he created you, so keep seeking good things if that is your desire. AND just for a little plug...I've been keeping up on your blog...you are not even close to fat. You have a cute figure, you are a beautiful woman. If that doesn't help consider this...it's only been 6 months and you look dang good for post partum 6 months!

No comments: