Sunday, October 26, 2008

GOOD EATS

REALLY YUMMY AND HEALTHY. Let me know what you think. I made it up this soup.
Italian Soup

Chicken broth (or vegetable, but I used chicken) I put in two cups, but just as much as you want
one can diced tomatoes italian style not drained
Cherry or grape tomatoes whole (when it burst in your mouth it is great!)
sliced mushrooms probably 1 cup (I used shitake and baby portobellas)
Asparagus cut up (make sure to snap the ends otherwise too stringy and corse)
Onion or onions I quartered it...I like it in big pieces
baby spinach (kept it whole)
Fresh Basil (should be on sale at the grocer's this time of year) broken up.
chopped garlic use as much as you like with the seasonings just remember as it cooks it gets a little stronger. I add half my salt and then the other ten mins before I serve so I don't over salt it
sprinkle of pepper
sprinkle and two of salt

I throw it all in the crock and let it sit for three or four hours on low. Really just until tender is all you need but I like it to kinda absorb all flavors of all the foods. I put out some mozerella and feta on the table and let people add what they wanted. Serve with crusty bread or with cheese toast. It's super healthy and filling. Next time I'm gonna make a ton more because each person can eat two bowls and I'll add shredded carrots.

1 comment:

Jayson & Carrie said...

Oh, yummy!! Now I must go to the store to buy ingredients...did I say yummy yet?! Sometimes I wish I could just snap my fingers and have dinner ready.......