Monday, October 20, 2008

My little Boost


So here I am again. I decided to take the last two weeks off. No, not like gorge yourself on hoho's or cheetos. I was just sick of focusing so much on losing weight. I just needed a break. Afraid? Yes. I thought it was going to be the begining of the end, like I'd lose control or gain the weight back but not so. I'm feeling quite refreshed mentally and I didn't gain any weight...well not enough to notice, but I didn't ask the scale.


Yeah, so, I admit... I started thinking this morning, "Man, I could be a pound or two lighter if I just kept on it and didn't take those two weeks off". But then the grass is always greener and I remember I could have burnt out completely and fallen off the bandwagon all together and instead of feeling refreshed two weeks later I would have felt much like I have in past "dieting" attempts; hopeless and cyclic.


What I've learned : 1. Listen to your life. Really, sometimes green beans don't cut it and while it's good to be healthy and fit, it's also good to feel healthy and ALIVE. If losing the weight is beating you down walk away temporarily.Trust yourself enough to step away and know you can come back.

2. it's only a few pounds. I'll catch them up in these next two weeks. You will always have time to work on being better, but be happy for who you are now and enjoy yourself now so you can enjoy yourself later too.

3. Don't forget your ultimate goal. Jump back on as soon as you feel the slightest prompt or excitment to get back into the swing. Go with your insight and follow your dreams, but be a good mom and don't neglect your kids doing it.

4. as an extension of no. 3: Your kids are always a higher priority than fitting that 30 min exercise session, but that doesn't mean you can't make time for yourself. Take care of yourself so you can take care of your kids, or job, or whatever. When I say make that's exactly it. The only way I can get a good work out in is if I wake up before them. If that isn't an option or I choose not to wake up, they go with me. If that isn't so workable, see if your husband wouldn't mind watching them one or two nights a week after bed or during bath time. If I'm in a tight crunch I'll swap kids with my neighbor. AND if all else fails, read a good book with them, sing songs, go for a walk and just say, "I'm so glad I have today".

1 comment:

Nilsens said...

Tara, you are awesome. Thats all I got and its true. I miss you and wish you good luck.